Tuesday 4 March 2014

CHICKEN NUGGETS

Arabella has recently decided that her favourite food is chicken nuggets but I am loathe to start taking her to McDonalds or even buy ready made ones as you have no idea what is in them. I saw this video on You Tube once, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E - and it makes your stomach turn - yuk!! I don't know if it is true or not, but it is gross!

Luckily I found this recipe in a Fay Ripley cookbook and it worked very well!

Ingredients for 2-3 kids:

2 plump skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp red pesto
5 heaped tbsp couscous
1 tsp harissa paste (optional - I don't add it as I don't like spice nor does Arabella)


Preheat the oven to 180 C fan / 200 C / gas mark 6. Then slice the chicken into bite size pieces.


Mix the pesto and chicken together so the chicken is completely covered. If you are adding harissa, add it now as well.


Add the uncooked couscous and toss through to coat again.


Spread the chicken pieces out on a roasting tray or baking tin with foil and bake for 20 minutes.


Once the chicken is crispy and cooked through it is ready!




I served it with cucumber sticks and Arabella loved it. I also loved it and stole a couple of "nuggets". They were delicious and it is nice to know exactly what you are eating. I would easily serve this for adults as well as either a canapĂ© with a blue cheese dip or barbecue dip or as a meal with coleslaw and potato wedges or even cold for a picnic. If you like it hot, you can always add more harissa. 

A very versatile meal for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment