Saturday 29 March 2014

GUACAMOLE (AND BEEF TACOS)

After the success of the shrimp tacos, it was time to go back to basics and do beef tacos. These have been a favourite of mine for years, I remember my parents having them when I was a child and I would be at the hob spooning the mince out the saucepan…(no wonder I had a weight problem)! Even my sister says they are her favourite food and she is a vegetarian!!! 

These aren't exactly low cal, hence why I don't cook them often, but I try to cook them as healthily as possible by doing my own salsa (recipe here) and guacamole. 

Ingredients for a bowl:

1 avocado
2 tomatoes (deseeded and chopped) - I only had cherry tomatoes and I was too lazy to deseed!
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp coriander, chopped


 Scoop out the avocado in a bowl.


Add a spoonful of lime juice.


Add a spoonful of coriander.


Chop the tomatoes and remove the seeds (if you can be bothered).


 Season and then mix altogether and enjoy!!


For the tacos, I used a taco spice mix, minced beef, tortilla wraps, sour cream, salsa, lettuce and lots of grated cheese!


And here was the end result!



I am pleased I bought the big tortillas as I always put so much in them and so it's hard to wrap. Arabella enjoyed them so much she couldn't stop eating. I will definitely have to do these more regularly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment