Saturday 6 September 2014

PAN Y VINO, TORRET, MENORCA

I went to Pan y Vino twice this summer, but actually I could have eaten there every night - for several reasons. Firstly it is a beautiful setting - secluded, candle lit, romantic and peaceful. Secondly the owner and staff are so friendly and welcoming. Finally the food is AWESOME! A combination of French and Spanish with a touch of English. We enjoyed the restaurant so much that we went twice within a week. 

The restaurant changes its menu daily as they like to use seasonal, local produce. The first time I went I had goats cheese wrapped in smoked salmon followed by crispy sea bass, it was delicious. However the menu had changed by the time we went again. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of it and can't remember exactly what we all ate but I have the pictures and we all agreed it was the best meal we'd had on the island.

One of the first things I like about Pan y Vino is that it does a really good amuse bouche selection. It changes like the menu but we had prawn bisque, deep fried Camembert and black pudding spring rolls.


All were incredible even though I don't even like black pudding. There was also freshly baked bread which we dipped into the soup.


For starters Arabella and Agathe had the croquettes - my favourites - thankfully Arabella was happy to share.


I had the beef carpaccio with Parmesan, rocket and a quail egg. This had actually been on the menu when we came before and I ordered it as I'd had serious food envy, and rightly so as it was so tasty. The beef was really tender and literally melted.


Pascal had chicken terrine with dates which he wolfed down.


Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly what we all had for mains other than we all really enjoyed it!

Pascal had duck which came in a spring roll - his favourite.


Arabella had sea bream with pesto and vegetables. Even though it was an adult portion, she enjoyed it so much she ate the whole thing. (They will do a pasta or grilled chicken for children if you'd prefer).


Agathe had mixed fish which she adored.


Finally Lili had steak which was cooked to perfection.


I had roast chicken with foie gras poele and a potato cake - I only had it because I love foie gras poele - it was totally worth it, I must order chicken more often.


Unfortunately we were all too full for pudding which was a shame as the restaurant does an amazing cheeseboard.

I am sorry my descriptions are so vague but I can confirm that it was an awesome meal and if you are in Menorca and you want a smart, special meal, Pan y Vino is the place to go. I cannot wait to return next year. I am just gutted it has taken me 34 years to find such a hidden gem.

Pan y Vino
Cami de la Coixa, 3
Torret
Sant Lluis
Menorca
Tel: 00 34 971 150201
email: reservas@panyvinomenorca.com



No comments:

Post a Comment