Thursday 14 April 2016

HONEY AND GOAT'S CHEESE CHICKEN

I haven't cooked a new recipe for nearly a month - poor show from a food blogger! In my defence I have been away for a couple of weeks and I have to admit our staple meal in France is bread and cheese - when in Rome and all that.

Now I am home it is time to get back into the old routine. As I have mentioned many times, Arabella LOVES goat's cheese and so I decided to cook this recipe - one of my best friends had recommended it a couple of years ago so it was really time to give it a go. It is from the American chef Paula Deen and it took about 45 minutes to prepare and cook.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 boneless chicken breasts
50g of butter crackers (I used ritz crackers)
Salt and pepper
60g goat's cheese 
2 tbsp of melted butter
2 tbsp of honey
Fry light or a drizzle of olive oil




Preheat the oven to 180 C.

Cut a slit in each chicken breast horizontally, being careful not to cut all the way through, and stuff with equal amounts of goat's cheese.



In a bowl, crush the crackers with a wooden spoon and season generously. Next time I might break up the biscuits in a blender as it would be quicker and easier.



Spray the bottom of a baking dish with fry light or grease with some olive oil or butter and then add the chicken breasts and cover with the cracker mixture. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.



While this is cooking, mix together the butter and the honey in a small bowl. Ideally you should melt the butter beforehand but I forgot to do this so I heated the bowl gently over a saucepan of boiling water - this did the trick.





Take the chicken out of the oven and spoon over the honey butter. Then put it back in the oven for 25 minutes.





Finally serve with some salad or vegetables and enjoy.





I don't normally like sweet and savoury together but I actually loved this - honey and goat's cheese are a great combination and the chicken was really tender. Arabella adored the goat's cheese and chicken but wasn't so keen on the honey.

A quick easy midweek supper and a great way to spruce up a simple chicken breast. 

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment