Tuesday 13 August 2013

FAY'S QUICK ROLL UP CHICKEN

I am not the biggest chicken fan but some chicken recipes really surprise me, especially this one. It is so quick and simple to make, it is absolutely delicious and pretty healthy too which ticks all the boxes for me. My daughter adores it and so it is a good one to serve to her and her friends which makes a change from the usual pesto pasta or pizza express margarita. 

Ingredients for 4 people: 

4 skinless chicken breasts 
4 slices of palma ham 
120g Boursin 



Put the oven on 180 C (fan) or 200 C, gas mark 6. 

Cover the chicken with some cling film and then with a rolling pin or kitchen hammer (this is something I inherited from my father!), bash out the breasts until they are flattish and twice the size. This can be quite a noisy process but good for releasing any anger or stress!! 


Then lay a slice of ham over each breast and spread a quarter of the boursin over it. Finally roll the chicken up and wrap it in foil like in the picture – as Fay says it should resemble a Christmas cracker! Do this with all the chicken breasts and then put them on a baking tray in the oven for 25 minutes. 


I serve this with salad for my fiancĂ© and I while my daughter loves it with peas and sweetcorn. Fay recommends it with mash. All the juices will leak out but you can just pour them over the chicken breast at the end. Delicious! 



We actually served this at a dinner party recently with a vegetable pasta salad and you could prepare it all before which I find essential when you are entertaining as then you can concentrate on actually enjoying yourself with your friends! 

According to My Fitness Pal it is 327 calories per rolled up chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment