Tuesday 7 February 2017

REESE'S AND S'MORES RICE CRISPY BARS

After making the Oreo and Reese's Chocolate Sandwiches a couple of weeks ago, my daughter Arabella and I decided to make another Reese's Peanut Butter Cup inspired recipe. I am a huge fan of rice crispy cakes so the thought of one with peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallows had me salivating in a instant!!

This recipe was from the website Delish. It was tricky as the ingredients were in American measurements and I think I overdid the rice crispies but hopefully I have them right here.

Ingredients for 16 squares:

Cooking spray
110g stick of butter
200g mini marshmallows
130g smooth peanut butter
130g chocolate
70g digestive biscuits, crushed
6 peanut butter, chopped
160g rice crispies
A pinch of salt




Spray an 8" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.



In a medium, heavy based saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat until melted and beginning to brown. It will start to foam and smell nutty. Immediately add 3/4 of the marshmallows (150g) and 1/2 the peanut butter (65g) and a pinch of salt. Stir immediately until the mixture is smooth.





Turn off the heat and add 3/4 of the rice crispies (120g) stirring quickly and making sure all the cereal is coated in the marshmallow mixture. I think I overdid the amount of rice crispies as I did the measurements wrong!!




Pour the rice crispies mixture into the baking dish and flatten down to make it compact - I used the back of a spoon to do this.



Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (or you can use a microwave). Once it is melted, stir in the remaining peanut butter and cereal and then pour this over the marshmallow rice crispies base.







Press the chopped peanut butter cups and crushed digestive biscuits on top of the chocolate and let set until firm - you can speed this up by putting it in the freezer for about 15 minutes. We did this as we were so impatient to tuck in.



Even though it already looks good enough to eat, finish off by sprinkling the remaining marshmallows on top and grilling for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows are brown. This happens quickly so keep an eye on it.




Then eat as is or wait a bit until the chocolate firms up. We obviously could not wait and ate massive slices there and then. It was absolutely delicious and I am so pleased I wasn't put off by the complicated American measurements. I loved this twist on normal chocolate rice crispies cakes and it was really easy. A treat for both adults and kids.

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment