Saturday 19 November 2016

CRISPY PANCETTA, CHIVE & SOURED CREAM JACKETS

I am not the biggest potato fan, I literally only really like them if they are covered in cheese however as Pascal and Arabella are fans, I thought I should try a potato recipe for a change. I made this last Sunday but I have had even less time for my blog recently as I moved house last week; however I am pleased to report I now have a much bigger kitchen which has inspired my cooking. We christened our new house with my best recipe ever - Mac and Cheese and then made these potatoes (a new favourite) the next day. These took a while to cook, around an hour and twenty minutes, but they were very easy.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 baked potatoes (around 300g each)
4 tbsps of soured cream
75g cheddar cheese, grated
3 tbsp of chives, chopped
100g pancetta

To serve:
We cooked them with roast pork belly



Preheat the oven to 200C / fan 180C / gas mark 6.

Bake the potatoes for at least an hour until they are tender and then remove them from the oven.



In a bowl mix together the 4 tbsps of soured cream, the 75g of cheddar and most of the chives.



Scoop the middles out of the potatoes and into the bowl, leaving a shell inside the skins to hold them firm. Mash together the potato with the soured cream, cheese and chives and season.



Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and re-bake for 10 minutes.




Meanwhile fry the pancetta in a dry non stick pan until crispy.




Finally sprinkle over the baked potatoes with the rest of the chives and a little more soured cream. We served ours with roast pork belly.






These were really good - very flavoursome and so easy. I would say these are great for both winter and summer - I loved them with the roast pork but they would work equally well with a barbecue or just a green salad. If all potatoes tasted like this, I would have them more often! Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment