Tuesday 20 September 2016

PANCETTA, MINT & BROAD BEAN PASTA

I am missing being able to cook like I used to - at the moment we are living off Cook Food or simple recipes that I have made before such as Chorizo Carbonara (our new favourite). I am still religiously saving new recipes that I want to cook…..hopefully once my baby hits the 3 month mark and life gets a little easier (apparently)…..I will be able to start making them!

This was another quick recipe and it took around 20 minutes including preparing the ingredients.

Ingredients for 4 people:

200g pancetta
1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed
300g fresh broad beans
400g pasta
Extra virgin olive oil
200ml hot vegetable stock
4 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves picked
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
40g pecorino cheese, plus extra to serve



Start by preparing the ingredients - slice the spring onions, skin any broad beans if necessary (I didn't know how to do this so left it), grate the cheese, cut the mint and make up the stock.

Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water until al dente according to the packet's instructions (mine took 9 minutes).



Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and spring onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until starting to crisp up. Add the broad beans and pour in the hot stock. Cook for another 3 minutes.





Reserving some of the cooking water, drain the pasta and then combine it with the broad beans, stock, spring onion and pancetta mix. If necessary add some of the cooking water - we didn't need to.



Finally stir in the cheese, mint (save a few leaves for garnishing) and lemon juice.




Serve with an extra sprinkling of cheese and mint and season if necessary.



This was much better than I was expecting - I thought it might be a bit bland but it was really delicious - very fresh - I forget how much I love mint in a recipe. My daughter Arabella wasn't so much of a fan of the broad beans and so when I make it again I will try peas as an alternative although I thought the broad beans worked brilliantly.

Hopefully next recipe I make will be a non pasta one as that is all I seem to eat at the moment much to Arabella and Pascal's delight!
Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment