Monday 18 July 2016

STEAK AND BLUE CHEESE MELTS

I love steak with blue cheese and this weekend I was tempted to book to go to lunch at Smith & Wollensky's in the West End as they do an excellent steak with blue cheese sauce. However, it costs almost £50…..I'm not sure I like it that much…..think I would rather spend the money in Zara!!

Anyway as an alternative I decided to try and cook it myself, blue cheese is one thing I have not been able to give up during my pregnancy. This is really easy and literally took about 10 minutes. We cooked our steaks on the bbq however you could grill or fry them.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 thick cut sirloin steaks
3 tablespoons of creme fraiche
75g of creamy blue cheese (I used Roquefort)
1 tablespoon of parsley



As I mentioned earlier we cooked our steaks on the BBQ - if you are doing this preheat the BBQ for ten minutes whilst you make the blue cheese topping.

In a bowl mix together the cheese, creme fraiche and parsley. Season with black pepper and set aside.


If you are frying the steaks in a frying pan, preheat the grill to high. I like my steak medium rare so Pascal cooked it on the BBQ for two minutes on the first side and then a couple of minutes on the other side.




Then add the topping and either cook on the BBQ for another two minutes or pop under the preheated grill for another couple of minutes.



Serve with a crisp green salad and enjoy.




This was really really good - I can't believe I have never tried to make it before - it is now my ultimate favourite. So tasty and so easy and a great way to jazz up an ordinary steak. If you wanted to be really "naughty", you could even add chips or I was thinking a side of mac and cheese. 

This is definitely going to be a regular supper this summer. Once the baby is born (3 days til the due date) Pascal is going to be in charge of cooking which means pasta, pasta and more pasta but hopefully I can squeeze this in on other days!!
Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment