Monday 2 November 2015

MEAT MARKET, COVENT GARDEN

I have wanted to go to Meat Market for a while but every time we go to Covent Garden we end up in Shake Shack as that is Arabella's favourite….mine too to be honest. However I found myself in Covent Garden alone last week and so took the opportunity to visit Meat Market. I had gone to their sister restaurant Meat Liquor several years ago and had a fantastic and very filling meal!

Meat Market is a relatively small, no frills American burger and hot dog bar - it doesn't take bookings, the menu is on a board, you queue up, order and then your food is served on plastic trays, in greaseproof paper, with kitchen roll as napkins. 

The menu was right up my street and I was totally torn over what to eat - I wanted a bacon cheese burger, their famous dead hippie burger (two French's mustard fried patties, dead hippie sauce, lettuce, pickles, cheese and minced white onions), and their ripper hot dog (deep fried bacon wrapped pork frank, Danish sauce, French's mustard, spicy relish and onions). Although I ended up choosing the buffalo chicken burger which is a deep fried chicken burger covered in the house hot pepper sauce, lettuce, red onions and blue cheese sauce.

I obviously had to order a side too and could not resist the deep fried mac and cheese bites with marinara sauce. 






Service was very friendly and even though it was 2.30pm, I only just got a seat….a popular place! I absolutely loved my meal - the chicken was very tender and full of flavour…it was a little spicy for me and I could obviously have done with a lot more blue cheese but that is just me!! I was very pleased with my choice. Messy though - you definitely need the kitchen roll.

The mac and cheese bites were also a success - much better than chips and I reckon I could persuade Arabella to come here for these alone. A very satisfactory lunch and reasonably priced - £15 in total including a diet coke and I was absolutely stuffed. I will definitely be back to try more on the menu…..just not at peak times….Shake Shack has a rival!

Meat Market has several sister restaurants - Meat Liquor, Meat Mission, Meat Wagon and Chicken Liquor.

Meat Market

The Deck
Jubilee Market Hall
Tavistock Street
Covent Garden
London WC2E 8BE
Email: info@themeatmarket.co.uk

Square Meal
MEATmarket Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment