Sunday 30 August 2015

ROQUAMOLE DIP (GUACAMOLE & ROQUEFORT)

My friend Jacci is the queen of dips - I love making her Cheese and Chive Dip and last night for our dinner party I tried out her roquamole dip which is basically guacamole with blue cheese. It was very easy to make and took about 10 minutes. I did it just before our friends arrived so the avocado didn't go brown.

Ingredients for one big bowl:

130g Roquefort or St Agur Cheese, chopped / crumbled
60ml sour cream
15-35g jalapeño peppers, finely sliced 
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
2 ripe avocados, mashed



Mash together the blue cheese and sour cream. Use a good sized bowl - ours wasn't big enough so we had to change half way through!



Add in the avocados and combine with a fork. It doesn't matter if it's a bit lumpy.



Next stir in the chopped jalapeños and spring onions. I used 15g of jalapeños as Pascal nearly exploded when I added some to my Chicken Enchiladas but if you like a kick, use up to 35g. Next time I will add some more ;-)




Dust with paprika and tuck in with crisps, tortilla chips, pita bread or crudités.




This was unbelievably good - I could have eaten the whole lot to myself - my new favourite dip. I think I will be making this again very soon, it would be good in a bagel or  a wrap with some chicken or bacon as well - the possibilities are endless! Well done Jacci once again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment