Tuesday 10 March 2015

REESE'S FUDGE BARS

It is tough writing this today as I am having a "2" day of just 500 calories and so not surprisingly I am pretty hungry. I need it though as I had a fantastically good meal last night at The Brown Cow - the highlight of the meal was the beef short rib with Boston baked beans and chilli cheese fries - unbelievable (but also unbelievably huge) ! Today it's all about soup, apples and herbal tea. This is particularly hard as I made Reese's fudge bars on Saturday and there are still some in the fridge winking at me….is it too early to go to bed at 3.50pm?!

I actually only made half the recipe as I knew I would be the one mainly eating them so if you want the full whack, just double the ingredients!

Ingredients for several bars:

14 individual Reese's peanut butter cups (regular size), unwrapped (however you could use more or less depending on the size of your dish)
300g chocolate chips
Half a tin of condensed milk (200g)
A few sprays of Fry Light or butter to grease


Line an oven proof dish with foil and spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. My dish was 7"x7". You could go smaller if you wanted to - the bars would just be thicker which in my opinion is no bad thing!


Line the peanut butter cups in an even layer at the bottom of the dish (I used 9).


In a saucepan, heat and stir the chocolate chips and condensed milk over a low heat until they are all melted together. 



Lick the spoon several times ;-)

Pour the chocolate and milk mixture over the peanut butter cups and spread evenly.


Have a few more licks of the chocolate ;-)

Immediately sprinkle with crumbled peanut butter cups (I used 5 but you can use more or less), pressing them lightly into the fudge.


Cool until firm. I left to cool on the side until it was room temperature and then I put it in the fridge to cool further.

When ready, cut into squares and eat to your heart's content!




This was good - I love peanut butter cups and they tasted delicious with the chocolate mixture. In all honestly it wasn't as fudge like as I was expecting however it still tasted incredible - pretty rich - but I like that! And it gets better everyday. My tummy just rumbled at the thought of it. Unfortunately none today though - it definitely doesn't fit in the low calorie criteria - however I know what I will be having for breakfast in the morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment