Thursday 12 June 2014

BAKED TAHINI SALMON

It's Thursday again and I have done exactly the same as last week - decided to cook something new, from scratch, when I have very limited time….I never learn! Plus today I cannot stop sweating from the heat (I am dreaming of a swimming pool) and I am hungover after a super fun supper last night at Tom's Kitchen - I was so busy laughing I forgot to take photos but I will definitely go back soon as it was brilliant.

Anyway tonight's meal was Baked Tahini Salmon from Fay Ripley's new book - her recipe feeds 6-10 so I had to adapt it for just Arabella and I (Pascal is away working so has missed fish night once again much to his delight)!

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 x salmon fillets (around 240g)
1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 tsp tahini (sesame paste)
1 tsp lemon juice

To serve:
1 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted


Preheat the oven to 200 C fan / 220 C / gas mark 7 and layer a baking tray with foil and lay the salmon down skin side down.


Mix the tahini, yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl with some seasoning and spread it over the top of the fish. 


Cook for 15 minutes.

While the salmon cooks, chop the herbs and dry fry the pine nuts for 5 minutes but keep your eye on them as they can burn quickly!



To serve, scatter the mint, parsley and pine nuts over the salmon. I then served the fish with a roasted pepper with a few cubes of feta.


I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised by this dish - I have never cooked with tahini before but it went perfectly with the salmon, the herbs and the pine nuts - absolutely delicious. I was tempted to do this with quinoa but I had to use up the peppers and it all went perfectly with each other. Fay suggests cooking this with salads and breads which I am sure would be great too.

I will definitely do this again - it would be perfect to serve when I have girlfriends over as you can serve it hot or cold - plus is is light so you can then fill up with chocolate (which is what I am doing now - the diet of being healthy is only half working)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment