Sunday 1 February 2015

AL DAR, CHELSEA

According to the daily mail, kebabs are becoming posh and cool in 2015….and as an avid daily mail reader and foodie, I just had to have one yesterday. 

The Lebanese restaurant Al Dar on the King's road has been open for around 15 years and I don't think I have ever gone past and it has not been busy - it doesn't look much from outside however appearances can be deceptive. I luckily managed to get the last seat in the restaurant and once I looked at the menu I regretted being on my own as I literally wanted the whole menu - I will have to come back with a fellow piglet!! 

The menu is pretty vast but I knew what I wanted to order - hummus and a lamb shawarma wrap - roasted thin slices of lamb, wrapped in Lebanese bread, with tomatoes, pickles, sesame paste, onions and garlic (I swerved the chilli sauce)!






It was totally delicious, full of flavour and so filing. The wrap was filled with meat and lots of salad with an extremely tasty sauce and it went perfectly with the hummus. I loved it.

I will definitely be coming back soon - it has seats outside so it is great in the summer to eat and people watch….but with the freezing temperatures of now I am more than happy to eat inside and watch the wide variety of non stop customers who come in constantly. Plus next time I will be ordering more….falafel, halloumi, vine leaves….I better wear trackie bums….

Al Dar

74 King's Road
London
SW3 4TZ
Tel: 020 7584 4455

Al-Dar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment