Wednesday 16 March 2016

BRAISED PESTO CHICKEN

Another day, another orzo pasta recipe! This is one I found on the Waitrose website. I love supermarket websites for cooking ideas and find the Waitrose one the best, the recipes are generally pretty easy and simple. This took about 40 minutes in total. 

Ingredients for 4 people:

800g chicken thighs, skin removed
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
300ml hot chicken stock
3 tbsp of pesto
100g orzo pasta
15g basil pasta, shredded


Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6.

Chop the peppers and onion and put in the roasting dish with the chicken thighs. I cut any "gross" bits off the chicken thighs before adding them.


Mix the hot stock with the pesto and pour over the chicken. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.



Stir in the orzo pasta and bake for another 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times. When it is ready, the pasta should be tender and the chicken fully cooked through with no pink bits. Serve with scattered basil.




I don't cook chicken very often and nor do I even order it in restaurants as I can sometimes find it a little dry. I do however love chicken thighs and this recipe really proved that point - it was really good. The chicken was so tender and went brilliantly with the pesto, pasta and vegetables and then basil added even more flavour. Arabella liked it other than the onions - I need to cut them smaller next time so she doesn't notice them! A great midweek comforting meal for all the family.

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment