Monday 28 July 2014

SUMMER ROAST CHICKEN & MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES

This week I have been very keen to cook fish burgers however both Arabella and Pascal have turned their noses up so I think that will be a recipe for just me another time! 

Instead I cooked a chicken recipe from Lorraine which I thought looked absolutely delicious and really easy, although I did make a few alterations. One other positive about it is that you can make the chicken beforehand and then keep it in the fridge until you are ready to cook.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 skinless chicken breasts
25g sun-blush tomatoes, chopped
25g green olives, chopped
50g cream cheese (I used light)
Small handful of basil, chopped
4 slices of parma ham
2 peppers, cut into large chunks
1 red onion, cut into chunks,
100g baby courgette, cut into chunks (we left this out)
6 cherry tomatoes
1 bulb of garlic, halved horizontally
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar


Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6.

Slice the olives, tomatoes and basil.


Mix with the cream cheese and season.


Lay the parma ham - two per chicken breast and then using a sharp knife, make a pocket in the chicken breast horizontally. You need to make sure you don't cut all the way through (which I obviously did on my first one - doh)!


Stuff the pocket with the cream cheese mixture.


Then wrap with the parma ham.


Cut off a square / rectangle of foil and wrap the chicken in the foil twisting the ends so it resembles a cracker.


Chop the veg and put into a roasting tray. Mix with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season.


Make space for the chicken wraps.


Put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.


Slice the chicken and serve with the veg - bon appetit!



I really enjoyed it - really tasty and full of flavours and the vegetables had a real crunch to them which was divine. I loved the addition of the garlic as well. Arabella prefers Fay's Roll Up Chicken which I also adore however this makes a great alternative. I will definitely be doing this again, healthy but delicious….a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment